Sleepy Time Golden Milk Drink Recipe
5-Minutes, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
Serves 1 / Prep time: / Cook time: / Total time:
Gluten-free, silky smooth, rich, nutritious, and delicious, this golden milk will become your favorite way to end the day. Use full-fat dairy milk, unsweetened almond milk, or any plant-based alternative you desire. Be sure to add a couple of spoonfuls of healthy fat (like ghee, butter, or coconut oil) if your milk is low in fat. Turmeric is a must, but get creative by adding in as many or as few additional spices as you prefer. Use a whisk or milk frother to whip it up into a golden milk latte or gently stir to silky smoothness with a cinnamon stick. The possibilities are endless with this soothing cup of Sleepy Time Golden Milk!
- 8 - ounces pastured whole milk, unsweetened almond milk, or full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 - teaspoon raw honey, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground turmeric, or 1½ teaspoons fresh grated turmeric
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground ginger, or 1 thin slice of fresh ginger
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 - Pinch black pepper
- 1 - scoop Seeking Health Magnesium Glycinate, or desired dosage
- - Optional additions: nutmeg, cardamom, star anise, clove, vanilla extract, ginseng or other adaptogens, coconut oil, ghee
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring all of the ingredients except the magnesium to a simmer, whisking frequently.
- Lower the heat to maintain a simmer for 2 minutes. (You want it to simmer but not boil).
- Turn off the heat and pour the milk into your cup. Add the magnesium before enjoying your warm and comforting golden milk!
Protein: 5 g